Written By: noah
- Very Easy
- Estimated Completion Time
- 15 minutes
Step 1 Overview
The G-Boy Rev 3 DIY Portable Kit lets you take your stock Wii console and turn it into a sleek pocketable portable gaming handheld capable of playing ALL GameCube and Wii titles along with so much more.
Included with the kit is everything you need to turn your Wii into a G-Boy save for a handful of things:
- A stock Wii console
- NOTE: The Wii console MUST be a RVL-CPU-40 or newer revision. Please check the Revision Guide on the BitBuilt Forums to check if your Wii will work for the G-Boy here: Wii Revision Identification Guide
- 2 - 3.7V 18650 lithium-ion battery cells
- A microSD card
- NDSL A, B, X and Y buttons along with the D-pad and their respective membranes
- The required tools such as soldering iron, screwdrivers, etc.
Step 2 Part bag labels
The part bags included with the G-Boy kit all come with labels that have 1:1 sized pictures of the boards and parts inlcuded with the kit so that you can easily identify the parts. This guide will also reference the names on the top right of these bags, so make sure to have them set aside in an orderly fashion for when you need them later.